On Coaching and its Benefits
What is Coaching?
Coaching is a structured, forward-looking, short term, action-oriented process for assessing where you are now, deciding what you want to have happen next, and devising a plan to get there. It is an effective accelerator for personal and professional growth. You can think of coaching as a powerful catalyst for creating the experience and outcomes you most want.
Note that coaching is not consulting. In consulting, I would be called in to help make recommendations to solve a specific problem. In coaching, we are investigating together. The range of possibilities is greater than consulting, for coaching is flexible. I'm not here to tell you what to do: I assume you are a resourceful person. By finding the solutions in yourself, you increase that resourcefulness. And what you learn, lasts.
Benefits of Coaching - What to Expect.
- Lead teams that are clear, cooperative, and innovative, thereby increasing creative outcomes and the bottom line.
- Discover hidden and underused strengths that increase effectiveness and personal satisfaction.
- Understand the consequences of overusing strengths and find a more balanced approach.
- Identify and account for blind spots in order to avoid creating repetitive, stressful situations.
- Gain awareness of both the positive and negative consequences of your patterns and make simple-but-powerful changes to create more desirable results.
- Notice, understand, and deal with others’ perspectives.
- Know how to align the personal and professional, a key skill successful leaders value and practice.
- Experience your life going better on all fronts – as a person, scientist and leader.